Thursday, 14 November 2013

Harvey Nichols Beauty Studio Event

A couple of weeks ago I went along to the Beauty Studio event at Harvey Nichols in Leeds, a fantastic opportunity to have a good nose around of my favourite beauty floors.  The event was open to the public but the beauty bloggers in attendance were treated to a special tour and introduction to what was happening that evening.

We kicked things off at Elemis, where we all gathered in the treatment room.  One of the ladies with us had a go in the fantastic massage chair and we heard a bit about the treatments available through Elemis at Harvey Nichols.  Obviously the Pro Collagen range got a mention, but the range that piqued my interest was Frangipani Monoi for the body.  I'll definitely be going back soon to check out these products further.

A blogger in the massage chair at the Elemis Treatment Room at Harvey Nichols Leeds

Once we were done at Elemis we had a bit of a whistle stop tour of the rest of the beauty floor, particularly memorable for me was Creme de la Mer, their range of skincare has cult status for good reason, there is a lot of science behind the products yet they are simple and effective; they have a few things in their line with that wow factor too (including a body scrub with honest to goodness diamond powder right in the mix).

A picture of creme de la mer body refiner next to a hand that has been exfoliated with it
Other stops along the way included Show Hair, Tamara Ecclestone's rather glamorous hair styling range; I didn't think I'd be convinced but literally everyone who tried something bought it, nearly everything was sold out by the time I went back!  Probably a good thing as I had my eye very much on the dry shampoo and oil in the range.

After Show Hair the group of bloggers kind of split up into smaller groups and went off in search of more beauty goodness.  The group I was with ended up at Shu Uemura, where one of our number got a fantastic makeover (you can see the picture of Sammie below, doesn't she look gorgeous?!).  We then hot-footed it to Creme de la Mer, chatted with the lovely Counter Manager, Justine, about various skincare tips and tricks and got ourselves an incredibly generous sample of the Eye Concentrate and a little tube of the moisturising lotion.  I can't wait to give these a go, but am slightly terrified that I'm going to love them and have to buy them!

A girl after having a Shu Uemura makeover at Harvey Nichols Leeds
Creme de la Mer moisturing lotion and eye concentrate

Last stop of the night for me was Nars; I got chatting to a lovely couple of guys who were planning their marriage and were in need of a good bronzer (I suggested Laguna of course), I couldn't resist buying myself something too.  I felt I was pretty restrained really, I only got my favourite foundation, Sheer Glow of course, a new Laguna Bronzer and one of the new Eye Paints in the shade Ubangi.  I'm in love with the colour of this, you can tell I've been wearing it quite a bit already.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, Laguna Bronzer, Eye Paint in Ubangi

There was a gift with purchase at Nars too, so I went home with a sample of the Makeup Removing Water, some sachets from the Nars Skin range and a lovely lipgloss in the shade Gold Digger.

Nars products including Nars Skin, Makeup Removing Water and Lip Gloss in Gold Digger

All in all I had a lovely time at this event, I only wish there was more time to take advantage of some of the treatments that were going on.  Oh well, I'm sure it won't be long before I'm back in the Harvey Nichols beauty studio again, especially with the festive season fast approaching.

Have you been to Harvey Nichols Beauty Studio in Leeds before? Where is your favourite place to shop for beauty?

Sharon x

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great event! I'm dying to try some Creme de la Mer but definitely couldn't afford to buy any :( xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford any Creme de la Mer either, that's why I'm so afraid I'll love the stuff haha!

      Sharon x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I will always respond to your comments and will do my best to do this within 24 hours.