Thursday, 14 November 2013

Latest in Beauty: The Glamour Beauty Edit

It's been a long time since I've been interested in any type of beauty box but when I saw this new offering from Latest in Beauty, a collaboration with Glamour Magazine featuring some truly great products, I couldn't pass it up (apparently my lovely other half thought so too as he ordered it for me).

Latest in Beauty: Glamour Beauty Edit the box
Latest in Beauty: Glamour Beauty Edit - a run down of the contents

From the outset this little box of goodies just oozes glamour (as it should given the name), I ordinarily don't like gold very much I must say on this box it looks rather grown up and sophisticated.  As with most boxes there is an introduction to the contents (in this one it comes from Glamour Beauty Director, Alessandra Steinherr) along with some offers if you buy more from the brands included, very handy with the festive season just around the corner!  Now onto the contents themselves...

Latest in Beauty: Glamour Beauty Edit - a closer look at the contents

HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette in Foxy - The inclusion of this palette in the box was the first reason I was attracted to it.  I have my eyebrows done with HD Brows on a semi-regular basis and had planned to get this palette at my next appointment.  It's really handy for filling in brows obviously, but the shades will also be really nice for some basic eye looks. 

Maybelline Baby Lips in Mint Fresh - Honestly I wasn't too excited about receiving this lip balm from Maybelline, I just don't get the hype around balms that are petroleum based.  I'll probably give this to my niece or keep it in my car as a back up. 

Eyeko Lash Curlers - This set of lash curlers is limited edition, with lovely plush blue handles.  I've heard fantastic things about the Eyeko lash curlers in general so I'm very excited to give these a try. 

Benefit They're Real - My absolute favourite mascara at the moment, I'm very pleased to have a back up of this, at the rate I keep getting samples of this I won't run out until at least the middle of next year! 

Toni & Guy Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray - This hairspray isn't one I would have bought myself, and honestly on trying it yesterday it's a bit sticky for my hair.  It'll be good to have on hand for hair emergencies though. 

Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo - I'm very glad to have this included in the box, I'm a huge fan of dry shampoo in general (it's a must with curly hair that doesn't like being washed too often).  I'll be keeping this one in my handbag to give it a thorough road test. 

Balance Me Extra Care Radiance Face Oil - In recent years I've found my skin loves nothing more than a good facial oil to repair and protect it.  I'm a bit of a fan of Balance Me products in general so will put this very generous sample to excellent use.

Latest in Beauty: Glamour Beauty Edit - the contents out of the box

That's it for the contents of the Latest in Beauty Glamour Beauty Edit.  For £14.95 plus delivery (available here) and with contents worth £65 it was a complete no brainer to decide to purchase, and I'm over the moon with what I got!


Have you ordered anything from Latest in Beauty before? What are you favourite beauty boxes?

Sharon x 

14 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard anything about this box but it looks so nice! Totally worth it for the HD Brows palette and the eyelash curlers! Josie xxx

    http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is as nice as it looks :) I tried the eyelash curlers today briefly and they're really great. Looking forward to having a go with everything else!

      Sharon x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you got a lot of great products! I've really been wanting to try the Maybelline's Baby Lips.

    -Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that the Maybelline Baby Lips is the only product I wasn't really interested in. Maybe it will change my mind once I try it.

      Sharon x

      Delete
  3. What a great box! I love the HD Brows pallette and the Balance Me facial oil! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know people love some of the products in this box :) I haven't tried the Balance Me oil yet but I'm sure I'll love it when I do.

      Sharon x

      Delete
  4. I bought this as soon as I got the email, so excited to try out the products! I already know I love the face oil and mascara but same as you, I will be giving away the baby lips! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha so someone else who doesn't get the Baby Lips hype! Glad to hear you like the face oil too - I'm planning on giving it a go before bed tonight :)

      Sharon x

      Delete
  5. Glad it turned up! :)
    I use the balance me oil all the time but I think I got my first one in a box like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty darn pleased too :)

      Yeah can't wait to try this oil, I'm sure I'll be a convert once I try it.

      Sharon x

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, really great!

    I'm your newest follower! :)

    xoxoxo

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really appreciate it :)

      Sharon x

      Delete
  7. I love the look of this box apart from the mascara (who knows maybe it'll convert me this time!) I've asked S to buy me this for one of my smaller Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Benefit mascara definitely seems to be a bit of a miss for some, but you're right maybe you'll enjoy it this time :)

      You should definitely get this box if you can - everything else is totally worth it to me (even the Maybelline Baby Lips in the end - my niece really enjoyed that).

      Sharon x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I will always respond to your comments and will do my best to do this within 24 hours.