Saturday, 19 April 2014

Review | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick

I haven't made too many forays into the world of high street lipsticks, but with the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks I'm pretty much in love.  I know liquid lipsticks are not exactly a new thing, but I can't imagine finding a formulation, whether it be high end or high street that I like as much as these.  Allow me to elaborate...


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick
 
The packaging?
I'll be honest, I love my high end products for their beautiful sleek packaging, so these are a bit of a departure for me.  I do like that you can see the colour of the product clearly and that the rest of the packaging matches said colour.  I also like the doe foot applicator; it feels soft on the lips and has a slight point so applies the colour well and with a reasonable amount of precision.


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick

The formula?
Just wow!  These liquid lipsticks are initially really wet, giving you plenty of time to play with them and move them around before they set to a beautiful velvety matte finish.  One layer gives a sort of sheerer finish, whilst two and more give you really great opacity.  The wear on these things is amazing!  I'm not sure it's 24 hours like the advertising suggests, but the first time I wore one I applied it at 8am before work, and it was easily 3pm or 4pm before I felt I needed to re-apply.  Re-application doesn't result in any patchiness or flakiness like you might expect either, just beautiful opaque colour.


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick
L-R Frambourjoise and Hot Pepper

The colours?
Whilst there are eight shades available I decided to just get two of these for now; Frambourjoise and Hot Pepper.  Frambourjoise is a bright berry / red that I've worn a couple of times for work (it's definitely a noticeable shade) and Hot Pepper, a really stunning bright orangey red that I think will look great with a tan.  Both shades go on and stay on equally well.

Would I repurchase?
Without a shadow of a doubt I would get these again, I've already got my eye on another two.  It was so hard to choose these two to begin with, especially as all of the ladies I was with at the time (on the bloggers holiday, post coming soon!) were all picking such great shades!  They're such a bargain anyway, at £8.99 each, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist next time I'm near a Bourjois stand in Boots or Superdrug.

Have you tried the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks?  Do you have any other favourite high street lipsticks?

Sharon x

2 comments:

  1. I am a lover of liquid lipsticks - I definitely need to see if I can get these shipped over to the US!!!! In other news: I nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger Award Tag - yay! You can find the details here: http://peacockbeauty.net/?p=844

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - and I'm definitely doing this tag! x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I will always respond to your comments and will do my best to do this within 24 hours.